Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Judge a book by it's cover and be damned.

Two weeks ago I was in Kuala Lumpur when I finally got a copy of DBSK’s TRI-ANGLE. Focus on FINALLY. It took me almost two years to get my hands on it. Those of you who are the true blue fans of DBSK from the get go, shut up. I wasn’t “converted” until a month before “O-Jung.Ban.Hap” came out. In fact, you may call me one of the anti-fans, due to my continuous character assassination of the members then. Ironically, the song that made me hate them so much was TRI-ANGLE itself.

What’s to hate a song so much, right? I mean, I sure as heck dislike anything from Ayumi, SMAP and Metallica, but I don’t hate them to that extent! I don’t publicly assassinate their characters like I need to make myself a social outcast. I am not a masochist. However DBSK was the exception (then).

Firstly, they totally bulldozed Mozart’s Symphony no.40 in G m. I mean totally razed it into the pit. Rocking up Mozart is applaudable. Great DJs do it from time to time. But the way they jammed it? Not acceptable even to this day, no matter how much I claim to love them. (maybe that's why I never bothered to be an official Cassiopeia member?)

Secondly, I personally hate guys with extremely evident make up. Yun Ho and Jae Joong looked like gigs, Chang Min a Desperate Wannabe and Jun Soo had a bird tailed crown and silver eye shadow (!). Micky Park looks like actress Chae Rin in the MV. Sorry, Micky-shi, but you really did.

I think I’ve done enough damage here.

After that, whenever I heard anything DBSK, I would:
1) blabber in disgust
2) switch stations, or
3) screech.
I admit the last one was way off kilter, but I guess you now know how much I hated them then.

What made me get past that ONE miserable song?

Two songs. Free Your Mind and Step by Step. They brought me back from the verge of insanity from living with a person suffering from what I call as SADS. Single And Desperate Syndrome.

I wasn’t exactly thrilled when I found out that they were the ones who sang the songs. I was hoping they were sung by any other group. Then I did some “research” and was completely flabbergasted when I found they sang “HUG” and “내 여자친구가 되어줄래?” . *gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*

I guess you just can’t judge a singer with one song, can you?

No comments: